Friday, 19 October 2012

Quality Disco Pant Dupes from Glamorous UK

You know how everyone goes on about THE must have items in your wardrobe for winter? Well The American Apparel coveted Disco Pants have been a highly hyped item for a while now.

When I first saw photos of people wearing them I was incredibly envious and went on a search only to find the pocket hole burning price they are sold for at £70! No matter how much I love a pair of trousers there is no way I could justify that price on a pair. Even if it was an "investment piece" as described.

Luckily the trend hasn't died down giving a enough time for the cheaper brands to make copies and when I spotted that Glamouros UK had done nearly spot on copies for the less horrific price of 30 quid they were straight on my wish list and I received them as a birthday present from my lovely mum.

It's easy enough for me to say they are my favourite item n my wardrobe now and here are the reasons why.



These pants are made with 90% acrylic and 10% elastane giving the spandex like effect that pulls you in. Taking in the less flattering parts creating slim fitting look. I usually have issues with any type of trouser not fitting properly around my waist and usually having a gaping gap at the back. These literally fit me like a glove and are so comfortable. I can sit in them all day getting chores done and getting a sewing done for my store.

The detailing like the back pockets and front zipper and button make you feel a lot more comfortable in them and make you think of them much more as trousers then just a pair of 'thick leggings'. Slightly cheaper copies of disco pants from other sites such as Missguided don't feature this detailing so even though they are the cheapest version I would feel a lot less comfortable in them.




For the quality of these they are more than worth the price. They come in purple, royal blue, pewter, charcoal, gold and noir. (The pair I am wearing in the photos are charcoal).With winter coming these are the perfect pair of trousers for going out everyday or for the evening accompanied with a pendulum top and lots of jewellery. 

You can purchase these Disco Pant dupes here and take a look at the Disco Shorts that I might be getting my hands on very soon. Sorry paypal account! 

I am a size 8 but I would recommend ordering one size up. I received a size 10 and it's fits perfectly. My actual size 8 would have been too small. 

So what do you think? Would you rather spend a large sum of money on the real thing or getter a cheaper and still good enough quality version?


8 comments:

  1. Not my style, but they look amazing on you! You remind me of Olivia Newton-John in the final scene of Grease! I love finding knock-offs at better prices. Especially for trendier pieces. Over here in the States, Target is usually my go-to for cheap and stylish clothes that other places are selling for 2 to 3 times the dollar amount!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I never usually can find knock-offs in any stores in the UK but google and ebay especially are my best friends when it comes to finding stuff on a budget.

      I definitely didn't resist the urge to pull on some leg warmers and dance around to songs from FAME and Grease :) x

      Delete
  2. These are a great copy, they look like the real thing! I love the look of disco pants on some people (you!) but I really don't think I could pull them off. :/

    just-another-day1.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't too sure if I could pull them off either. I have a this large dip in my hips and I thought that these would show them off more which I really didn't want but I gave them a go and was really pleased to see that they smoothed out my hips more :) x

      Delete
  3. I was actually thinking of splurging and getting the original AA disco pants, but these look like such good dupes, I might just get these instead and save my money!

    rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had enough money to afford the orginal AA pair I would but these are definitely good quality dupes for half the price so if you want to save your money for other things these would definitely be the way to go :) xx

      Delete
  4. Where is you tee shirt in these pictures from?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is your waist size? I was thinking of getting a size 8 and my waist is 25.

    ReplyDelete